Taking Screenshots with Lightshot
Lightshot is a tool that helps in taking screenshots easily. Whether you are using a Laptop, Desktop, or Mobile Phone, you will need to take screenshots either for personal reasons, business, or to send someone else. Several screen-capture tools I have used over the years makes it very difficult to take screenshots with a bunch of features which makes the whole process complicated
A screenshot is one of the easiest ways of proving a point or showing evidence even in business conversations. Screenshots give users a quick way to save data or detailed information which makes it easier to retrieve simply because they are saved in a form of images. I this guide, I will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to take screenshots on your computer using the Lightshot tool.
Some Key Features of Lightshot
Easy To Share Screenshots Over The Internet:
Unlike other screen-capture tools, Lightshot makes it super easier to share screenshots over the internet. All you need to do is to press the Print Screen Key on Your Keyboard, select the area you want to share and hit “upload” you will get a URL that can be shared on any social media handle.
Access History of all Screenshots:
With Lightshot, you can easily get access and keep track of all screenshots you have uploaded with a single click. All you need to sign in to your screenshot account. If you don’t have one, then I advise you to create one now. In doing so, you can either add new uploads or delete existing screenshots in which you don’t want to be on the internet.
Save Screenshots to Your Computer or Copy to clipboard:
Another feature about the Lightshot tool is that you can easily save screenshots to your pc by clicking on the save icon or pressing on the “Ctrl + S” short key. You can also copy the screenshot into any suitable application such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc., by simply clicking on the copy icon or by pressing “Ctrl + C” on your keyboard. An alternative method to help you copy to the screenshot is to press and hold the “Ctrl” key before selecting the area you want the screen-capture to be taking. This process copy’s the screenshot automatically.
Edit Screenshots Immediately:
Lightshot has its own inbuilt editing tool that makes it super easy to make simple but useful edits. You can either crop, point an arrow, underline a word, etc without the need to use any graphic design tool. The editing tool has Brush, Blur tool, and Pen tool, use to highlight a specific area or add a note.
How To Take Screenshots On Your Laptop Using Lightshot
1. Seach for the Lighshot tool on Google Chrome or any Search Engine you are comfortable with.
2. Click to download LightShot:
Choose which version you want to download per the operating system you use on your laptop. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be using the WINDOWS VERSION.
4. Run The Installation:
Click on the downloaded file and run or install it on your pc as show in the picture below
5. After the successful installation, the featherlike icon of the app will be displayed on the taskbar.
6. To be able to use the app in taking screenshots, click on the upward arrow at the down-right corner of the taskbar; this will display several little icons as shown below.
8. Click on the feather-like icon of the software to get the Lightshot activated.
9. Click on the “Print Scrn” on your keyboard
10. This will give you the option to select or highlight the area you want to screenshot as shown below
11. When you are done selecting your preferred area, click on the save icon as seen in the picture below