With the advancement in technology, you can now apply online for local and international scholarships through the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat. The online application portal was launched by the Vice President, Dr. Bawumia in Accra on Tuesday, March 31, 2020. This was brought in place to reduce the hassle and stress applicants go through before applying for scholarships.
About The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
The Scholarships Secretariat of Ghana was established in 1960 to help Ghanaian students in applying for all government scholarships both locally and abroad. The Scholarships Secretariat exists to utilize Government funds. GETFUND and Donor Support, for the provision of Scholarships to brilliant but needy students and qualified Ghanaian workers at a minimum access cost for Human Resource Development for the purpose of National Growth and Development
Required Document for Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Applications
In order to apply for a scholarship with the Scholarship Secretariat of Ghana, you would be required to present the following document. Please ensure you present genuine details to avoid issues.
- Academic transcripts
- Academic certificate
- Admission letters
- Medical Certificate (From an accredited government institution)
How To Apply For A Scholarship Using The Online Application Portal
Kindly follow the steps below to apply for a scholarship using the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat online portal.
Step 1: Start the process by visiting scholarshipgh.com
Step 2: Create an account
Step 3: Fill out the online scholarship application form on the portal with the required details
Step 4: Upload your academic transcripts, admission letters, academic certificate, and other necessary documentation in PDF format
Step 5: After filling the online scholarship application form, you will be required to complete an online aptitude test
Note: If you pass the online aptitude test, you will be scheduled for a selection interview in your district. If you happened not to be contacted, kindly contact them to do a follow-up.
When To Apply for a Scholarship with the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
Scholarships are awarded to brilliant but needy students every year. All you have to do is to visit their website frequently and look out for available scholarships.
What does the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat cover?
The scholarship covers the following;
- Academic Facility User Fees
- Tuition fees for all accredited tertiary institutions
What Makes You Qualify for The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat?
To apply for a scholarship using the recently launched online scholarship application procedures by the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat, you must meet the following requirements as stated by the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat.
- You Should have gained admission into a tertiary institution in Ghana
- You Should have already registered and enrolled to undertake the programme at the tertiary institution
- The tertiary institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- The following Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions are allowed: Private and Public tertiary institutions such as Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges, Colleges of Agriculture, Polytechnics, Technical Universities, Universities, and Certificate awarding tertiary institutions.
Which countries offer tertiary scholarships?
Below is the list of countries that offer tertiary scholarships under the Scholarship Secretariat of Ghana
- German Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
What are the levels of tertiary scholarships?
- Financial Assistance for Needy Ghanaian Students
- Year Abroad Language Proficiency Programme
- Local Tertiary Awards
- Foreign Tertiary Awards
What are the categories of the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat scholarships?
- Merit awards
- Hardship awards
- Northern Ghana Feeding Grants
- Presidential Independence Day award.